Now a Private Coach
after 20+ years as an acting teacher in university, K-12, acting schools
Coach of 2 National Shakespeare Competitors
U.S. Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher
Shakespeare * Acting * Directing
Script Analysis * Dialects * Playwriting
What Clients Say
Click here to schedule a coaching session.
"Coaching with Christine was the best decision I made. She has given me the knowledge and the confidence to pursue acting as a career. Under her guidance, I have signed with two agents, covering 5 states, and have the strategies to tackle whatever audition comes my way. Her notes are always thoughtful, articulate, and more important, she always pushes me forward."
Mo Liu, Actor/Dancer
Contemporary Youth Orchestra, Guest Theatre Instructor
Artistic Director of New Stages, ushering 100+ student-written, directed, performed and co-produced one-act plays to the stage at Shaker Heights High School 2003-2018. Video by Tiffany Laufer
CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY August 2020 to May 2021
Course taught: Introduction to Screen Acting
BALDWIN WALLACE COMMUNITY ARTS SCHOOL January 2020 to Present
Private Acting Coach
HOUDE SCHOOL OF ACTING October 2019 to March 2020
Courses taught: Dialects & Classical/Shakespeare Monologues
BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY August 2018 to May 2020
Adjunct Lecture August 2019 to May 2020
Interim Assistant Professor of Acting August 2018 to May 2019
Courses taught: Acting I (Voice & Movement), Acting 3 (Realism), Acting 5 (Styles), Shakespeare in Performance, Script Analysis, Theatre History, and Musical Theatre Workshop. Responsibilities include curriculum development, coaching, mentoring student assistants, and directing two productions: The Critique of the School for Wives and As You Like It.
SHAKER HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL, Director of Shakespeare & Playwriting Learning Programs August 2002 to Present
Department Chair/Production Program Manager 2005 to 2013
● Courses taught: Dramatic Literature and Writing, Acting, IB Theatre Arts, Theatre Management, Film as Art, Theatre I, Junior Ensemble, Improv, Shakespeare, and Shakescenes.
● Led nationally recognized co-curricular theatre arts program with as many as a staff of four.
● Responsibilities include teaching, curriculum development, producing, promoting, directing
(musicals & straight plays), fundraising, budgeting, and hiring/collaborating with professional and alumni guest artists, colleagues, and parents for a 8-event season of main stage and workshop productions.
● Artistic Director of New Stages, a one-act play festival. Shepherded 100+ original one act plays to production. Students produced in national festivals from Cleveland to Los Angeles.
● Students have performed at FusionFest, an interdisciplinary performing arts festival at the Cleveland Play House, May 2006 and at Ingenuity , a festival of art and technology in downtown Cleveland, September 2005. Invited to perform at the 2009 American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland and the 2018 Ohio Thespian State Conference.
NOTRE DAME COLLEGE of OHIO 2014
Adjunct Instructor, Film Studies
LAKELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE 1996 to 2002
Instructor, Radio Production, Acting, and Faculty Advisor of Radio
Taught college courses and advised students.
● Created Radio and Theatre classes for Cooperative Education credit.
● Developed collaborative relationship between WTLS and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Internet Radio Staff.
● Produced Acting class’ scenes for the campus community.
HAWKEN SCHOOL SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY 1998 to 2000
Taught improvisation classes to middle and high school students.
LAKE ERIE COLLEGE 1997 to 1998
Taught introduction to theatre course; produced and co-directed a main stage production.
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY 1993 to 1996
Taught introductory theatre and acting courses.