20+ years as an acting teacher in university, K-12, acting schools, and privately.
Coach of 2 National Shakespeare Competitors. U.S. Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher
Shakespeare/Classical/Stanislavski * Directing
Script Analysis * Dialects * Playwriting
Christine is one of the most thoughtful teachers I've ever had. Even after college, I return to her for coaching, monologue and play recommendations, and general questions about the business. I recommend her to any experience level or age of drama student. ~ Klara Hricik, Great Lakes Theater Actor-Teacher
Christine is smart, motivating, and life-changing. She has a capacity for empathy that allows her to push you but also nurture you as an artist, as well as human being. ~Gus Mahoney, U of Minnesota/Guthrie Theatre BFA
Christine was my acting teacher throughout high school and provided the basis of my Shakespeare training that allowed me to approach the text in my higher education and feel comfortable.
~Lauryn Hobbs, US Presidential Scholar & University of Michigan BFA
Christine is a phenomenal coach. All the lessons I have learned from her I have applied to my career as a professional dancer.
~Kevin Parker, Inlet Dance Theatre
Christine wants you to succeed and be the best human possible. She has a keen artistic eye and will help you get to where you want to be.
~Charles Mayhew Miller, Baldwin Wallace Musical Theatre BM
"I wish my school teachers would teach Shakespeare like you do. If they did, Shakespeare would be fun and engaging and kids would want to learn it - not just have it as a requirement."
~Gavin Ditz, Private Student
High school English made me hate Shakespeare but Christine changed that. Her fun and positive personality is the icing on the cake.
~Tatiana Boykin Private Student
I have been working professionally in theatre and film for several years now and I am still using techniques that Christine taught me.
~Zoe Davidson, Ensemble Theatre of Cinncinati
Christine is a dynamic coach who gets excited by every step and builds momentum, laughter, and passion in the room. Perhaps the the biggest impact she has on actors, though, is revealing to them qualities they never knew they had, and opening their repertoire to new character types. ~Erik Johnson, Former Ensemble Program Director, Shaker Theatre
Contemporary Youth Orchestra Guest Teacher
Artistic Director of New Stages, a student-written, directed, performed and co-produced one-act play festival at Shaker Heights High School 2003-2018
Baldwin Wallace University is proud to have this individual as part of our campus community. Information found on this site is at the discretion of the employee and is not approved or protected under copyright of Baldwin Wallace University.
CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY August 2020 to Present
Course taught: Introduction to Screen Acting
BALDWIN WALLACE COMMUNITY ARTS SCHOOL January 2020 to Present
Private Acting Coach
HOUDE SCHOOL OF ACTING October 2019 to March 2020
Courses taught: Dialects & Classical/Shakespeare Monologues
BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY August 2018 to May 2020
Adjunct Lecture August 2019 to May 2020
Interim Assistant Professor of Acting August 2018 to May 2019
Courses taught: Acting I (Voice & Movement), Acting 3 (Realism), Acting 5 (Styles), Shakespeare in Performance, Script Analysis, Theatre History, and Musical Theatre Workshop. Responsibilities include curriculum development, coaching, mentoring student assistants, and directing two productions: The Critique of the School for Wives and As You Like It.
SHAKER HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL, Director of Shakespeare & Playwriting Learning Programs August 2002 to Present
Department Chair/Production Program Manager 2005 to 2013
● Courses taught: Dramatic Literature and Writing, Acting, IB Theatre Arts, Theatre Management, Film as Art, Theatre I, Junior Ensemble, Improv, Shakespeare, and Shakescenes.
● Led nationally recognized co-curricular theatre arts program with as many as a staff of four.
● Responsibilities include teaching, curriculum development, producing, promoting, directing
(musicals & straight plays), fundraising, budgeting, and hiring/collaborating with professional and alumni guest artists, colleagues, and parents for a 8-event season of main stage and workshop productions.
● Artistic Director of New Stages, a one-act play festival. Shepherded 100+ original one act plays to production. Students produced in national festivals from Cleveland to Los Angeles.
● Students have performed at FusionFest, an interdisciplinary performing arts festival at the Cleveland Play House, May 2006 and at Ingenuity , a festival of art and technology in downtown Cleveland, September 2005. Invited to perform at the 2009 American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland and the 2018 Ohio Thespian State Conference.
NOTRE DAME COLLEGE of OHIO 2014
Adjunct Instructor, Film Studies
LAKELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE 1996 to 2002
Instructor, Radio Production, Acting, and Faculty Advisor of Radio
Taught college courses and advised students.
● Created Radio and Theatre classes for Cooperative Education credit.
● Developed collaborative relationship between WTLS and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Internet Radio Staff.
● Produced Acting class’ scenes for the campus community.
HAWKEN SCHOOL SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY 1998 to 2000
Taught improvisation classes to middle and high school students.
LAKE ERIE COLLEGE 1997 to 1998
Taught introduction to theatre course; produced and co-directed a main stage production.
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY 1993 to 1996
Taught introductory theatre and acting courses.